Sunday, June 05, 2005

Previews

Been over at Wyndham The Triffid again and he has good review of the latest Batman film.

Not sure that taking your phones is going to save the industry from the pirates.

I have *cough* seen a couple of "previews" recently and I'm sure the film people have started to stand up in the middle of films to catch the camcorders out :-)

Forgot to mention yesterday that my Mum has been on a cruise and she brought me back a T-Shirt with a logo that I had not seen. Well thanks to the internet it looks like I have solved it and I think it is a Miami Hurricanes (Their Uni) T-shirt

Baby news -Has made Mrs Palace Fan very tired and she keeps getting headaches. I'm getting tired too All the cooking and all the washing is making me sleepy. Not that I mind though. :-)

Footie news
- Will be watching the England V Finland Euro 2005 game tonight. Yep the women are playing. Can not believe though that all the games are up there North. I'm sure if they played 1 or 2 in London / South they would of got people going there. Must be a reason I guess. Let me know if you do. Wonder if they are going to swap shirts at the end?

Young Ashley Cole has been in the news, he is a bit upset because he is on 25 grand a week and wants more even though he signed a contract for 25K and has 2 years to go. Now what he needs to remember is yes some players at the gooners are on lots more but they have also been around a bit longer. Should he get injured he still gets his money. Me, I would sell him and get him out of the door. They are mentioning 20 million for him. That will do some to sorting out the new ground :-) He can always come back to Palace on loan again like he did before. Did you know that Palace tried to buy him while he was on loan but the gooners said no. Can you imagine that ! Have heard that Palace are after Ryan Smith from there on loan for this season. Lets hope he is as good as when Ashley was at Palace.

Talking of their new ground I get to witness about 3 times a week a great big section of their new stand going past my house at about 7pm every week. Will try to run upstairs and get a picture this week

Todays Fact - Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second.

On this day - June 5, 1963, British Secretary of War John Profumo resigns his post following revelations that he had lied to the House of Commons about his sexual affair with Christine Keeler, an alleged prostitute. At the time of the affair, Keeler was also involved with Yevgeny "Eugene" Ivanov, a Soviet naval attach who some suspected was a spy. Although Profumo assured the government that he had not compromised national security in any way, the scandal threatened to topple Prime Minister Harold Macmillan's government.

Todays Joke - How many IBM types does it take to change a light bulb?

100. Ten to do it, and 90 to write document number GC7500439-0001, Multitasking Incandescent Source System Facility, of which 10% of the pages state only "This page intentionally left blank", and 20% of the definitions are of the form "A ...... consists of sequences of non-blank characters separated by blanks".

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi there Palace Fan,

First of all congratulations to you and Mrs Palace Fan.

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment, my first from someone who doesn't know me and my second ever, I don't include the one I did myself.

Your site looks pretty cool, I like the regular baby, footie, interesting point and joke of the day. I may nick the interesting factlet for myself.

I don't know whether if I visit my site from a different IP address I haven't tried it yet, but I will do at work tomorrow and will let you know.

Jane

PS I'm an Owls fan myself!

Wyndham said...

You're spoiling me with all these lovely comments! Thanks very much.

Now can we have Ian Dowie back please?