Monday, June 13, 2005

How many people have seen this?

I have now put 2 counters on the blog because I think 1 is counting site visits and with this one you have to page refresh or at least go to a new page to register a hit and the other I think is doing just page visits. Going to keep them both going for a while to get an idea. The site meter site though gives a lot more information. I'm guessing that the page visit is a better idea of people going to the site.

On another blog that I read Slothblog, Jane was talking about the pain of hitting the next blog button at the top and getting a corporate blog. I tend to agree and thats why I will be using links on this site soon. I also tend to go off from links on sites that I enjoy. Although I will still keep the bar across the top because what winds me up more is when it is removed and you have to halt your browsing to go back and press the next blog again.

Hopefully my blog links will be there by the end of the day.

I am up in Hull tomorrow for work so may not get a chance to update

Baby news - Mrs PF has flown off again, this time to Brussels. Back tomorrow though but I'm off to Hull :-( at least I can get my links on the blog updated :-)

Footie news
- Not a lot of news just a good luck to Mr Nice Lineker

Todays Fact - A chance of a woman having twins is increased after the age of 35. About 1 in 27 women will give birth to twins after this age. After 50 the chances of having twins is 1 in 9.

Just the one for us. We are both under 35 though.

On this day - 13th June 232BC: Alexander the Great dies

Alexander the Great, the young Macedonian military genius who forged an empire that stretched from the eastern Mediterranean to India, dies in Babylon at the age of 33. The son of King Philip II of Macedonia, Alexander received a classical education from famed philosopher Aristotle. At the age of 16, he led his first troops into battle. In 336 B.C., Alexander ascended to the throne upon his father's assassination and two years later set off to conquer the world. In all his great campaigns, he never lost a single battle. Within his empire, he founded lasting cities, such as Alexandria in Egypt, and brought about sweeping changes based on Greek models. During the return from an eastern campaign, he fell sick with a fever and died. He had not selected a successor, and his giant empire rapidly broke apart.

At 16 I worrying about the GCSE's I had to study for ! An interesting personal fact is that I was the first year to take the GCSE. Now work out how old I am :-)

Todays Joke - One Smart Puppy

A local business was looking for office help. They put a sign in the window stating the following: "Help wanted. Must be able to type, must be good with a computer, and must be bilingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer."

A short time afterward, a dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it and whined.

Getting the idea, the receptionist got the office manager. The office manager looked at the dog and was surprised to say the least. However, the dog looked determined, so he lead him into the office. Inside, the dog jumped up on the chair and stared at the manager.

The manager said, "I can't hire you. The sign says you have to be able to type." The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter, and proceeded to type out a perfect letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the manager and gave it to him, then jumped back on the chair. The manager was stunned but then told the dog, "The sign says you have to be good with a computer."

The dog jumped down and went to the computer. The dog proceeded to enter and execute a perfect program that worked flawlessly the first time. By this time, the manager was totally dumbfounded.

He looked at the dog and said, "I realize that you are a very intelligent dog and have some interesting abilities. However, I still can't give you the job."

The dog jumped down and went to a copy of the sign and put his paw on the sentence about being an Equal Opportunity Employer.

The manager said, "Yes, but the sign also says that you have to be bilingual." The dog looked at the manager calmly and said, "Meow!"

2 comments:

Jane said...

You're the same age as my brother he was in the first year to do GCSEs and he's...um 33 I think. I did 'O'levels they were harder.

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Yer that be my age.

I think brought GCSE's in because people would not have the choice and therefore the presure of O'levels or CSE's.

Cheers,