Thursday, June 09, 2005

Nee Nar

At the weekend I am def going to try and sort my links out to other blogs. I want to try and get them down the other side so that should be fun. Just out of interest if you have to scroll down the page to get to the latest post let me know what browser and Operating System you are using. It's because from work on NT and IE6 my details are correct but you have scroll down to get to the blogs.

Today's moan at driving is the idiot in a Polo that thinks just because the London ambulance crew is allowed to pass you, it does not mean that can follow it. Yeah I know I do it with the tractors on a country lane but I'm not passing waiting traffic going the same way AND this was down the A1 through the red lights !

Off work tomorrow (Friday) I have just started a thing at work that I get a Friday off now every 2 weeks. I have to work longer hours each day to make the hours up. Should really help with the baby. I used to do flexi but will give this a try. Great company really because they gave me a year off work to travel the world last year. Not lucky enough to of been paid but came back to my job waiting and meant that we could use the credit card at the end knowing we would be able to clear them.

Baby news - Mrs PF went to see the hospital today to see the midwife and lots of blood tests. Got lots of reading stuff to go through and have a date for the 20 week scan. 14th July, also happens to be the day that we first started going out together 6 years ago (Hope it's 6 years, seems about right but Mrs PF will tell me tomorrow when she reads this) She will be shocked that I remembered the date.


Footie news
- AJ Is going nowhere according to the Chairman Simon Jordan. Prob best start saying our goodbyes :-(

Todays Fact - Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers. or Nappies for us this side of the pond

On this day - 9th June 0068

Roman Emperor Claudius Nero commits suicide aged 31 after the Roman Senate declares him to be a public enemy. I would of grown a beard and gone into hiding.

Todays Joke - Todays joke was "Stolen" yesterday from here
A couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. They decide to go to the doctor for a check-up. The doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember Later that night while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair.

His wife asks, "Where are you going?"

"To the kitchen" he replies.

"Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?"

"Sure."

"Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" she asks.

"No, I can remember it."

"Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. You'd better write it down because you know you'll forget it."

He says, "I can remember that! You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries."

"I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, so you'd better write it down!" she retorts.

Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Leave me alone! You want ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - - I got it, for goodness sake!"

Then he grumbles off into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.

She stares at the plate for a moment and says "Where's my toast?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Palace!

Thank you for your advice on ideas for the blog. I've been inspired!