Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm Back

Warning LONG POST:
How you all doing? Hope you have been OK without my blog. So where was I? Well Mrs PF and I loaded up the car and went off round the South West for a spot of camping. Was meant to be gone for 2 weeks but we are back early. More about that soon. SO why didn't I tell everyone I was going? To be honest do I know you just coz your reading this blog and are you dodgy? I could get my full home address from just using the clues on the site, personally I can also get it by looking at my front door but you get the idea. You then know that I am off. What you don't know is my alarm code though !

Quite lucky really coz our joke of estate agents KFH left the back door OPEN !!!! Not just unlocked but I mean ajar, Been like that since last Wednesday. We have now taken the house off the market, after 3 more viewings today \ tomorrow as they were booked while we were away. Have collected the keys though from both agents. We was going to do that anyway because with Mrs PF getting further down the baby drop date we really want to focus on making sure that we don't have to change hospitals etc. Plus next year I hope that buying a house without the need of an estate agent picks up. I hate the fact I have to pay these clowns 1.75%

We went off from smoggy London and headed off to our first stop Avebury and then Stonehenge BIG MISTAKE !! We left on the Monday 20th This happens to the day before the longest day so the area was full of Hippies and Druids we managed to have a quick look at Avebury and then skipped Stonehenge. Wont bore you all with the full tour but headed to Corfe Castle and that was good
According to the Lonely Planet this is the most photographed pub.
Corfe Castle - 2
I can see why !

This is a bit "Arty"
Corfe Castle - 1

Eden Project was good
Eden Project - 1

So why did we head back? Well my elbow swelled up, This photo is after taking a couple of tablets to bring the swelling down.
Me Elbow
Very strange, it might be to do with the fact that I scrapped my elbow last weekend and after seeing a really nice chemist in Lyme Regis I was sent up to the doctors for a course of tablets. These have brought the swelling down but have made my arms come up in Eczema. For those that don't know me I sometimes suffer from Eczema and have yet to find the real reason for this. So we headed back to London so I can see my doctor but can I see him NOPE have to keep calling back to try and get an appointment.

Weather was great upto Thursday night \ Friday Morning when the heavens opened and it rained all night. Woke up to the clap of thunder and being blinded by lighting. It was mental. A little scary too but I'm not going to admit that hey ! sent a Text to my mate who was in Glastenbury to see if he had the bad weather as well but never had anything back but found out why when driving off listening to the news after we packed up the tent to our next stop, the mobile masts had been hit by lighting.

We did spoil ourselves that Friday night and stayed HERE !! Yes the sauna, steam room, jucuzzi, swimming pool and a rather good meal. Was very very good. Mrs PF just had a long hot bath rather then a sauna as you can not do that with Chosen One.

Had 1 night in St Ives before cutting it short and going on to Bristol to see our mate that gave birth to a son last week and Bro in law at his new pad. Very flash flat and then back to home to North London.

Heard a bloke on the mobile phone and it made me smile. "hello.. hello.. I cant hear you.. Can you hear me..hello can you hear me, i guess not" hangs up. Did he really expect to hear an answer back if he cant hear a thing !

Also managed to get shat on by a Seagull, prob make all Brighton fans laugh. What is lucky about getting shat on by a great big bird. Just as a warning to all partners out there. It is not funny to do what Mrs PF wanted to do and thats grab the camera and take a photo and stick it on the blog. So sorry everyone no photo !!

Baby news -
Going to have to sell the car now and get a larger one. Anyone interested in a Pug 206 GTI let me know. I will be putting details up soon. Any ideas for a car? Has to be at least 4 doors cost about 4K and be easy to throw around London. Not too nice as it will only get scratched in London.

We have got some dates through for Antenatal classes and will have to go twice a week for the whole of September. We have decided to pay for the classes as the class will be smaller etc. Is this snobby? Its also so we don't have to go and sit with little 16 year old kids !!! Might also mean that we meet people a bit more like us i.e. a bit older.

Footie news
- Fixture list is out now so I have but them all in my calendar and published it so if you have an apple mac and want the Palace fixture list let me know and I will give you the URL to it.

Luton home to kick off the season and Chosen one is due between Luton away and Millwall Home

Todays Fact - Boys who have unusual first names are more likely to have mental problems than boys with conventional names. Girls don't seem to have this problem.

What about a boy who is given an unusual girls name? MMMmmmm could be fun

On this day - 1838
Queen Victoria is crowned Queen of England at Westminster Abbey in London at the age of 19.

Gawd bless er

Todays Joke - A lady approaches a priest and tells him, "Father, I have a problem. I have two female talking parrots, but they only know how to say one thing."

"What do they say?" the priest inquired.

"They only know how to say, 'Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?", she replied.

"That's terrible!" the priest exclaims, "but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots to my house and I will put them with my two male talking parrots who I taught to pray and read the bible." "My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and will learn to praise and worship."

"Thank you!" the woman responded.

The next day, the lady brings her female parrots to the priest's house. His two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The lady puts her female parrots in with the male parrots and the female parrots say, "Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?"

One male parrot looks at the other male parrot and exclaims, "Put the beads away, our prayers have been answered.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Welcome back PF, sorry to hear about your elbow it looked pretty impressive even after it had started to go down.

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Cheers Jane.

Still trying to get to the Docs though !!

Elbow OK now though well it's not as swollen and not causing me any grief.