Friday, June 10, 2005

Had my day off work today. What did I do..well sad as it seems but I spent 3 hours trying to get me apple mac to connect to the work network over the internet. Turned out to be a "silly" mistake for those techy people out there.....It was a DNS error as we have just changed network provider at work and after lots of investigating I remembered changing the host file on the mac during testing. Not as easy as changing the mac file as it is on a windoze PC.

Baby news - Got it wrong it's 7 years but she was pleased that I got date right. I have to remember the day we met, day we got engaged, day we selected the ring to get engaged, Day we married, Mrs PF's birthday and now I am going to have to remember a baby birthday. Thanks to recurring diary appointments I should be OK :-0


Footie news
- Palace have released their new kit. Very nice.

Spurs will not complain to the Premier League about Chelsea's approach for sporting director Frank Arnesen if they receive "significant compensation" Well thats really going to stop Chelsea when they are being bankrolled by one of the richest guys in the world !!! Is it all about money these days. YEP I GUESS IT IS.

Todays Fact - The strongest human bite force ever recorded: 350 pounds. The strongest shark bite force ever recorded: 132 pounds! - yep shark fin soup is a piece of cake to eat.......but fishy

On this day - 10th June 1793
In Paris, the opening of the world's first public zoo - the Jardin des Plantes.

I do like zoos but the conditions have to be good. We went to great zoo in Singapore and also saw Steve Irwin The crocodile hunter there and also popped into his zoo while in OZ last year when traveling.

Todays Joke - How many Field Service Engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Well the diagnostics don't show a problem, it must be a hardware problem.


How long does it take?

That depends on how many spare bulbs they brought with them.


What if you have two dead bulbs?

They replace your fusebox.

IF ANYONE CAN GET TELL ME A DECENT JOKE SITE THAT WILL BE GREAT ;-)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Palace Fan,

My ex bf is an RAF Officer as well so I might know your bro in law! I've linked to your blog as I enjoy reading it and I hope others will as well not that I'm getting much traffic at the moment but I think we newbie bloggers should stick together. I've linked to
Wyndham as well

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Thanks. It's a small world. He was in Marlow for a bit but has moved on to a non base job.

Thanks for the link. I will do the same tomorrow. Agree we should stick together.

Trafic is a strange one because site visit is low but page visits a lot higher. I think for a site visit the vistor needs to browse or at lease click refresh. night blog abut that tomorrow :-)