Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Doctors

Quite an eventful day today, I mean un-eventful. First of all it took 2 hours to get through to the doctors only to be told that I had to ring back at 2pm. I had to "shuffle" up the road to get some painkillers so I am went in and saw the receptionist only to shuffle back out to ring at 2pm. Decided then and there that if I never got an appointment this afternoon I would of gone into that surgery and lied on the floor, I would of been lying down and singing. I will not, I will not be moved. I will not, I CANT be moved.

Anyway I managed to get an appointment and have been told to lie down for at least 3 days, take tablets (at a cost of £6.50 per box) and do not a lot. It's not too bad but I feel useless. I am not ill, feel alright but am not comfortable and in quite a bit of pain. I have been logging into work and doing some stuff so at least it's not too boring. I am one of those strange people that really likes work so would rather be there and not here in bed.

Did manage to get a bit of time to "tidy" up the blog. Think it looks a lot cleaner now.

Baby news - Now in week 27 and Mrs PF has had some Braxton Hicks contractions.

Footy News - Looks like, if the rumour is to be believed, that Bentley from Arsenal is signing tomorrow for us. Along with Jamal Campbell Ryce from Rotherham. Tomorrow is the last day before transfer deadline.

Mr Owen is going to be a geordie hero. Think he is better off going there then Liverpool as the fans will love him plus from a selfish point of view how good to see the England partnership I have wanted to see for years !

Just looked on the FA site and they have that Owen is already playing for Newcastle. Click Here

Todays Fact - There is no tipping at restaurants in Japan

Somewhere I have not been so if you can validate this one that would be great. It's so expensive that you prob can not afford to.

Also has anyone seen a book called Fruits, it has lots of pictures of these people all dressed up in Tokyo. A really good book, we got it from Amazon but managed to see a art thing in New Zealand on it so I wrote all the details down so we could order it when we were back.

On this day - 30th August 30 B.C: Cleopatra commits suicide

Cleopatra, queen of Egypt, takes her life following the defeat of her forces against Octavian, the future first emperor of Rome. The daughter of King Ptolemy XII, Cleopatra became the lover of Julius Caesar, who helped her seize the Egyptian throne from her brother in 47 B.C. After Caesar's assassination, Mark Antony, another powerful Roman, fell in love with her, and in 36 B.C. they were married. Four years later, Octavian, the designated heir of Caesar, declared war against Antony and Cleopatra. In 31 B.C., they were defeated at the Battle of Actium and fled to Alexandria. Soon after, Mark Antony committed suicide after hearing a false report of Cleopatra's death. Rather than fall into Octavian's hands, Cleopatra likewise ended her life.

1 comment:

Nathan Davies said...

Get well soon James.