Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm still here

Just thought I best post to say that I am doing well unlike the Palace !

Well went on Saturday to the game and O Dear what a load of rubbish. There was me meeting a Luton fan from work for pre game beers and after game laughs at him BUT Luton decieded that they should spoil my day ! Well after losing it put me in bit of a downer so instead of going off to a BBQ Party I went to sit, drink and slouch on the couch.

Lost again tonight to Wolves although I never went. Went to smack some golf balls and get some anger out. Been having a bit of a stressful time at work but think I am over the worse of it now.

I started about 2 weeks going to a golf driving range and I enjoy it so I'm going to get a couple of lessons and try on a proper course. Only been twice but was managing to hit most of the balls in a straight line off the mat. Think it is going to be another thing to consume my time. Dont have enough hours now let alone playing golf as well but think it will get me out and walking.

Mrs PF started decorating the attic on the Saturday and it is starting to look like a bedroom rather then a dumping ground for all our books and stuff. Once we have finished it then we can move all the stuff from the spare room to up there and start to make a nursery :-0. I did help on the Sunday.

We also had a look up in the retail parks at Enfield for furniture for the Chosen Ones room but could not see anything we liked. Had the old dont make contact with the salesmans eyes....NO Dont look at him Mrs PF, too late, and then we have to explain that we are just looking and yes..Keith, right, OK, we promise we will come back to you if we see anything. We then take a couple more steps and go through the whole thing again.

What else has happened in the last week. Well I went off to a work pub quiz on Thursday and came last ! Dont know how it happened because our team was sitting with the team that came first ! It was then sent out on an email to all our department that we came last.

Tried to win a guitar on ebay but lost and now keeping thinking that I should of gone higher. Thats the problem though with ebay you just want to win but i was good and set my limit and said no more. Then I sit here 2 days later wishing that I added some more ! So Im still looking for the Fender Jaguar.

"Normal" layout should resume soon but in the meantime heres a quick joke from my Dad.
A bloke is in a queue at the Super Market when he notices that the
rather dishy blonde behind him has just raised her hand and smiled hello
to him.

He is rather taken aback that such a looker would be waving to him and
although familiar he can't place where he might know her from, so he
says "sorry do you know me?"

She replies "I may be mistaken, but I thought you might be the father of
one of my children"!

His mind shoots back to the one and only time he has been unfaithful to
his wife - "Christ"! he says "are you that cracking strip-o-gram on my
stag night that I sha**ed on the snooker table in front of all my mates
whilst your colleague whipped me with some wet celery and stuck a
cucumber up my ar*e?"

No she replies, I'm your son's English Teacher!

No comments: