Monday, August 15, 2005

Catch the pigeon

I got a tube the other day to work and when I got on at Finchley Road a pigeon got off !! I swear to you, I stepped on the tube and it flew out. No ticket or anything :-0 Guy sitting on the tube said it had been on there since Farringdon and was just walking around the carrage. I'm going to have to start to carry a camera around with me as I do see some strange things around. If I never had a work mobile I would get a camera phone as the quality of those shots will be fine for blogging. Maybe I should look at a cheap 2nd hand one.

Joanna - I have ordered a book on photoshop, The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers Scott Kelby - Thanks for the advise

Baby news - Not our Baby news but a very strange man that is running aroung up North in Teeside in his nappy asking women for baby changing areas. Click Here for more info !

Footy News - Finally the transfer that has taken all pre season is about to be completed.
Lyon have announced that they have agreed a £26m fee with Chelsea for Ghana midfielder Michael Essien BBC Details

Todays Fact - Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

Not in the cartoons when a mouse comes though.

On this day - Aug 15th 1998
A terrorist bomb explodes in the centre of Omagh, County Tyrone killing 28 and injuring more than 200 others. It's the biggest single incident death toll in recent Northern Ireland history. A splinter group of the IRA, calling itself the Real IRA, claims responsibility.

Todays Joke - Little Mary was not the best student in Sunday School. Usually she slept through the class. One day the teacher called on her while she was napping, ‘Tell me, Mary, who created the universe?’

When Mary didn't stir, little Johnny, an altruistic boy seated in the chair behind her, took a pin and jabbed her in the rear. ‘God Almighty!’ shouted Mary and the teacher said, ‘Very good,’ and Mary fell back asleep.

A while later the teacher asked Mary, ‘Who is our Lord and Savior?’ But, Mary didn't even stir from her slumber. Once again, Johnny came to the rescue and stuck her again. ‘Jesus Christ!’ shouted Mary and the teacher said, ‘Very good,’ and Mary fell back asleep.

Then the teacher asked Mary a third question. ‘What did Eve say to Adam after she had her twenty-third child?’ And again, Johnny Jabbed her with the pin.

This time Mary jumped up and shouted, ‘If you stick that damn thing in me one more time, I'll break it in half!’

The Teacher fainted.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I've heard about pigeons riding the tube before I think.. Get on at one station and then get out elsewhere... Classic. read more here

Enjoy the book!

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

A whole website on it !!

Classic, will have a read of that.

Will try some of the photoshop stuff out over the weekend because Mrs PF is up at the in laws