Monday, August 01, 2005

Spot the Spot

OK so what have I done to deserve the biggest spot I have ever seen suddenly decide to introduce itself to the world using my nose as it's platform?

I dont get spots ! I was really lucky when I was growing up and never suffered. Had enough with my eczema to worry about. Thats another story though.

Even Mrs PF who is scared to take the mickey out of spots, we both believe that once you take the piss out of someone else it will happen to you, has said that it is rather large :-(

I'm 33 not 13, I should be worried about the grey hair starting to show on the side of the head, the hair sprouting from my ears, The hair getting a lot thinner, anything but a spot.

Do you know what the worse thing is? It hurts ! I cant stop touching it and everytime I do I can feel the tears wanting to come out ! It throbs ! it's not right I tell yer, It is throbbing. I can actually feel the blood being pumped around the spot and it throbs !!! I am worried that tomorrow in meetings people will be talking to the 2nd head and not looking at me. Maybe I should get some sunglasses for it and introduce it as my siamese twin.

I have to admit that I gave the beast a squeeze earlier and it has not made a difference. It's still there gloading me and looking all shiny. If anything it has made it more painfull.

I just hope that the local kids were looking for a dog called spot and not trying to wind me up.

Better be gone soon. I have a mirror to clean now so I bid you a good night.

Baby news - Still no sign of the friends from work baby yet. It is getting induced on Wednesday.

Mrs PF has been been buying some cool clothes for chosen one. We are also about to start getting stuff for the nursery. Going for a jungle theme.

Footy News - "AJ is bound to go now because I have posted his image up"
Will the last post come back to haunt me. Palace have a press announcement at 09.00

The gossip is that Sven has said that it wont matter that he is playing for Palace in the fizzy league and he is going to withdraw his transfer request.

I can see it going the other way though and he is saying goodbye and that he has to leave. Hope not and not long to find out ! All I want is it sorted and will be tomorrow

Todays Fact - Women end up digesting most of the lipstick they apply.

On this day - 1st Aug 1914 The Great War erupts

World War I begins with Germany's invasion of Luxembourg. The same day, Germany and Russia declare war against each other, and France mobilizes. At the end of July, Europe's tenuous peace collapsed when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. By August 5, Russia, France, Belgium, Great Britain, and Serbia had all lined up against Austria-Hungary and Germany. One month later, the bloody Battle of the Marne was fought outside Paris, halting Germany's advance to the sea and effectively deciding the future course of the war. World War I would be a terrible war of attrition, won by whichever side was willing to commit the greater number of men and resources to the lethal trenches.

Todays Joke - The Bartender

A man walks into a bar one night, goes up to the bar, and asks for a beer.

“Certainly, sir, that’ll be one cent.”

“One penny?!” exclaimed the guy.

“That’s right.” The barman replied.

So the guy glanced over at the menu, and asked, “Could I have a nice juicy T-bone steak, with fries, peas, and a salad?”

“Certainly sir,” replied the bartender, “but all that comes to real money.”

“How much money?”

“Four cents,” the barman said.

“Four cents?! Where’s the guy who owns this place?”

The barman replied, “Upstairs with my wife.”

“What’s he doing with your wife?”

The bartender smiled. “Same as what I’m doing to his business.”

3 comments:

Jane said...

Perhaps it's blogging that causes it cos I've been afflicted by spots recently!

Joanna said...

Ah you're OK. AJ has just signed a 5 year deal....

So he'll go in January instead ;-)

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Jane - OR it could be late nights and too much beer !

Joanna - RESULT !! With a bit luck we will be playing the gooners again next year !