Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What a nice man

Bloggers,

Went to a shop today. Its a local one in the town I work at called Rickmansworth. The shop is called Serves U Right and it's a kind of shop that sells everything. It is incredible. It sells anything from light bulbs and dimmer switches to Candles and matches. The last item I bought last week was a lampshade holder keeper upper thing, its like a rim that screws on to the rose. I mean what sort of shop would have that. As I said it is a real have everything shop and so I went in today to get a bag of little U shaped nails to hold up some fairy lights for the baby room.... I looked and I looked but could not found nowt, although I did find nails to fit all sizes and cable nail things (as you can tell I dont know the names and am not really a handyman kind of guy) I couldn't find the correct size so I asked at the counter and she sends me down to the secret magical part of the shop where the owner Stephen is in the middle of something in the staff only area. "Stephen" I hollow and out he comes to show me round his store trying to find a bag of small U shaped nails. Well he cant find them and has to order them in so it's going to take a couple of days. He asked what it was for and so I tell him and he calls me back to the staff area where his painter mate is (He looked like a painter anyway. Although he could just have bad dress sense and like paint style clothes) and asked him what he used because he has a little baby girl and has done the same thing i.e. used fairy lights in the room. Well it turns out he borrowed Stephens industrial stapler so he turns round says I look honest and gives me a stapler with a bag of staples and tells me to get it done tonight and bring back in tomorrow.

What a top bloke and a rare thing to happen !!!

Last week some guy reversed into my car door and rather then go through all the insurance and it being a smallish dent I let him off and now I feel that because I was nice it is starting to pay back.

No comments: