Saturday, October 08, 2005

iMac and Windscreen

It's been a while but lets try and get back to this blogging stuff.

Whats gone on, well I have yet another windscreen in the car after a stone flew through the air and gawd knows hey managed to hit my car. Now you have to picture that the lorry was about 100 meters and some up the road and I had pulled out to the overtaking lane or middle cruising lane for the old and BMW drivers, no other cars out there and out of nowhere "CRACK" window needs replacing. The stone somehow has flown 100 meters and with the accuracy of a SAS sniper taken my window out.

Some good news - well the iMac G3 has gone to a good home and my PowerBook was dying so we have replaced it with the top of the range G5 iMac - WOW is all I can say and it has been taking some of my time up playing and setting it up. It's a beauty I tell thee. Have bought the EyeTV adapter to turn it into a TV as well. That part is not going great because I need to sort the aerial out. We dont have an outside link in the bedroom so have to get an internal one and the last one would get a different set of channels each time and I have yet to get ITV channels. It's to do with the MUX signal at Crystal Palace I have been told. I cant believe that Crystal Palace is to blame :-)

Now solved the TV problem getting a new aerial. Its a strange flat one from One for all but it is working a treat.

No comments: