Saturday, October 15, 2005

PowerBook Woe

In my post a couple of days ago I mentioned that I had got the new iMac because the PowerBook was starting to be get old. Well last night the screen broke ! it is as though it locked itself and when I closed the lid it snapped off ! it is still working though !! I now have no button 6, the CD drive is cracked, headphone input is split and now the screen has come apart. Still works well.

I have been emailed by TNT to call them about collection of the iMac so should be picked up early next week and hopefully will have the new new one in 2-3 weeks, it's still 10 days before shipping and mine will need to be checked before they send me the new one.

Here is a couple of shots of the powerbook with snapped hinges. I can not even move the broken bits.
PowerBook - 3 PowerBook - 1 PowerBook - 2

It's as though it locked or even melted ! I am going to have a search through the Apple site this afternoon, What else. well I will listen to the Palace game on the radio and rebuild the iMac so all my data is removed and pack it up ready to go back.

James

No comments: