Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bloody Brighton

Went to the football last night, Palace played our biggest rivals last night, Brighton.

It's a strange one why we are such big rivals because Millwall are are closest team and Charlton tend to think that they should be our rivals but the only team that a Palace fan would love to beat would be Brighton. It goes back to the late 70's why we are such rivals and I wont go into here because it may not interest everyone. There was a bit of trouble at the game but nothing major. A Palace fan tried to get in the Brighton section and was stopped. I thought it would be great to let him go because I bet he wanted to be stopped. I can just imagine him running at the Brighton fans and the stewards and police just stand back saying "go on son, you must be a man now to try and take on 5,000 fans" I can imagine he would run straight back to where he started from.

I often wonder why so many teams dislike Palace because I always thought we were a good bunch but if you look around the following teams have pretty much no feeling of goodness towards Palace: Brighton, Millwall, Charlton, Gillingham, Wimbledon , Man United (Certain French bloke jumped into our stand and now they hate us) QPR and recently even Norwich fans have been on the Palace site giving it some. Strange because every time I go to an away game there is no trouble and more often then not other clubs say we have one of the best away following and loudest songs.

We lost last night in a very poor way, we were terrible and never looked like scoring (although we did have a goal ruled out for offside), not really a lot to say about that other then it also poured as I got home and the roads were flooding.

Today I have had to drive to Manchester for a meeting. I hate the roads, it took hours and hours of sitting in jams to get there and back. Saw a transit van that had left the road and embedded itself front on into a bridge, I hope the driver is OK and that was why the M6 northbound was closed. I was going southbound. Why is it though that people can not drive in the rain? it is almost as soon as the rain comes brain goes !

I saw some car with a baby on board sign weaving like an idiot through the traffic I just hope that the baby was not on board.

Last moan about cars.. Cars from Poland on the road, Where I live there are hundreds of them going round. I dont mind people from Poland being here and all that, this is not about that BUT it is about a car from Poland that is not taxed in this country, probably not insured, not with a UK MOT and also can go through London without paying the congestion charge or getting fined because they do not have a link to the Polish database (If it is still being driven by the registered owner) They can also beat the speed cameras until they get pulled over by the police. What would I do, good question, I guess maybe enforce somehow that if a car is staying for more then 6 months it has to have a UK MOT and pay a tax for using the roads.

Baby News:
Been a little while since the last update. Well Faye is now 34 weeks and we only have about 6 weeks to go :-) The baby is kicking and punching a lot and it must be down to the fact that there is not a lot of room. We are quite ready now for the baby and only have a few things left to sort.

James

1 comment:

Laura Howard said...

My daddy went to the last Crystal Palace game and he brought home a silvery disc thingy you're supposed to place drinks on.

I like it because it's shiney and reflective and hopefully in the next few weeks Mom will let me suck on it.

Hopefully you can bring home something that groovy for your baby. Take it from me, he/she'll thank you for it.

Charlotte