Thursday, July 14, 2005

A mans BBQ

Spent last weekend at the In Laws and had a great time (Have to say that as they read the blog ;-0) We were going to club together with Bro in law and get a gas BBQ for them as a birthday present. Well, we have been told not to bother and get a wireless router because he already has a BBQ, (A router is good because then we can all use the internet when we are there on our laptops, hang on a minute... he wants the router so he can stay on his computer and not give it up to us for our internet fix :-0)

Anyway this is a mans BBQ, none of your poncy gas like mine ! (See my BBQ post from before for pic of mine)

A real BBQ

Baby news - Had our 2nd Scan today and everything is looking good. The baby is right in the middle of the growth lines so not too big or small.

Footie news - Vieira is off, Arsenal accept Juve's Vieira , He has given 9 years to Arsenal so as a nice change from recent posts I am going to say good luck and all the best. Just hope he does not have any racist problems in Italy as before.

Palace released the squad numbers today AJ number 8 still there.

Todays Fact - There are more female than male millionaires in the United States.

On this day - 1789: Bastille stormed

On July 14, 1789, militant Parisian workers storm and dismantle the Bastille, a royal fortress in Paris. Originally constructed in the 14th century, the Bastille was first used as a state prison in the 17th century. Although the average annual number of prisoners was only about 40, the Bastille came to symbolize the tyranny of the Bourbon monarchs. On the morning of July 14, 1789, when only seven prisoners were being held, a mob descended on the Bastille and demanded the arms and munitions stored there. When the prison governor refused, the people stormed the fortress and freed the prisoners. This dramatic action signaled the beginning of the French Revolution, a three-year reign of terror and political turmoil in which King Louis XVI was overthrown and roughly 1,000 people, including the king and his wife Marie Antoinette, were sent to the guillotine. The Bastille was demolished during the Revolution. Today, July 14--Bastille Day--is celebrated as a national holiday in France.

Todays Joke - Jimmy Carr says;

My parents are from Glasgow which means they're incredibly hard,
but I was
never smacked as a child ... well maybe one or two grams to get me
to sleep at night.

Is it fair to say that there'd be less litter in Britain if blind
people were given pointed sticks?

A lady with a clipboard stopped me in the street the other day.
She said,
"Can you spare a few minutes for cancer research?" I said, "All
right, but we're not going to get much done."

I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a
goat.

You have to remember all the trivia that your girlfriend tells
you, because eventually you get tested. She'll go: "What's my
favourite
flower?"
And you murmur to yourself: "Sh*t, I wasn't
listening...Self-raising?"

The world is a dangerous place; only yesterday I went into Boots
and punched someone in the face.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have
thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help".

I went out with an Irish Catholic. Very frustrating. You can take
the Girl out of Cork ...

Got a phone call today to do a gig at a fire station. Went along.
Turned out it was a bloody hoax.

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be
both a winner and a loser at the same time.

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right
to arm bears.

My dad is Irish and my mum is Iranian, which meant that we spent
most of our family holidays in Customs.

Sleeping with prostitutes is like making your cat dance with you
on its hind legs. You know it's wrong, but you try to convince
yourself that
they're enjoying it as well.

A dog goes into a hardware store and says: "I'd like a job
please".
The hardware store owner says: "We don't hire dogs, why don't you
go
join the circus?"
The dog replies: "What would the circus want with a plumber".

I like to go into the Body Shop and shout out really loud "I've
already got one!"

It's easy to distract fat people. It's a piece of cake.

I enjoy using the comedy technique of self-deprecation - but I'm
not very good at it.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a
tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of
fire.
They're trained for that.

I was walking the streets of Glasgow the other week and I saw this
sign:
"This door is alarmed." I said to myself: "How do you think I
feel?"

No comments: