Monday, July 25, 2005

Can I interest you in.......

So Mr Palace Fan have you ever been called by these phone people.... Well of course I bloody have, every night at the moment !

"Hello sir have you got a mobile"

Well this is the year 2005 and just about every adult in the UK does have one, as does just about every kid over 10 so yep I do. Really you can make my payments cheaper and give me free calls each month, well I have a work mobile and I dont pay for any calls or monthly fees so I guess I win that. Yep goodbye.

"Hello sir do you have a BT phone"

MMMmmmm how do I answer this one? Well I have started saying no and they cant help so we mutually hang up. So thats a good tip.

Sometimes though I cant even understand what they are saying before I realise what is going on I'm not against Indians but can't believe that we are outsourcing marketing and cold calling to India. Well I guess I can....money

So how do we deal with them then. Well first off all register HERE , The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a central opt out register whereby individuals can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.

The original legislation was introduced in May 1999. It has subsequently been updated and now the relevant legislation is the Privacy and Electronic (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.

BT will register you with the above service and give you caller display for free please see HERE

If it takes longer then half a second for an answer HANG UP the calls being routed from abroad.

NEVER say your on BT and dont be too rude as most of the time they are only doing it coz they need money not to annoy you.

OH and if a robot rings you to tell you that you have won a prize before getting excited and looking for a pen say to yourself I have not won and HANG UP

Baby news - Chosen one has been Kicking Mrs PF a bit less today and she says she feels like a barrel. Most days she is mostly getting a seat but some days not.

Footy News - Well it looks like my Dad and brother are going to watch the Inter Milan reserves on Wednesday. Shame all the best players stayed at home.

Todays Fact - Many people in parts of China eat insects. Some common insects are bean worms, scoprions, and locusts.

Mrs PF and I ate Cockroaches, Locusts, Frogs plus a few other things in Bangkok all deep fried in spices and they were rather nice.

On this day - 25th July 1603
James VI of Scotland is crowned James I of England.

Todays Joke - Don't knock on Death's door.

Instead, ring the bell and run. Death hates that...

1 comment:

Wyndham said...

I may give that TPS a try. I'm really running out of ways to say no, no, NO on the phone and will soon have to resort to the F-word.