Monday, July 11, 2005

Cards

Today London is getting back on with it. Mrs PF said that it was still a bit quiet but OK.

I went as normal to my place of work in Rickmansworth, a place famed only as far as I can tell for being in the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy book by Douglas Adams but it never even made it into the film !

I went to one of the many card shops that we have there and could not believe it when I went to locate the wedding card section, it made me smile, it went engagement cards followed by Wedding and anniversary then the one that I couldn't believe congratulations on your divorce !!! There really is a card for all occasions.

Baby news - Mrs PF is starting to feel the baby a lot more. I hope that I will feel it soon.

Looking to create a CD from my song collection for Mrs PF and the chosen one to listen to so any ideas give me a comment.

Footie news - Rio wants 120 thousand a week and has been offered 110 thousand but thats not enough !!! I have not ever swore on this blog since day 1 but Rio get a fucking real life. The 110 thousand a week is over 600 times the national minimum wage for a 37.5 week (181.87p). It's 5.75 million pound a year !! You had a crap season and won fuck all but want a pay rise, If I had a crap performance over the year I would kiss my pay rise goodbye. Sorry about the swearing but come on, whats a Nurse earn? and she saves lives not the odd goal.

Todays Fact - The word Eskimo literally means 'raw meat eater'.

I thought it was Man in cold place but there you go.

On this day - 1848 In London, the official opening of Waterloo Station

Todays Joke - FOOTBALLERS, why do I spend so much of my hard earned cash watching these jumped up Charlies !

Yep I know it's the same as before.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Totally with you ref Rio, yes they have short careers most are not that bright and there are only so many pundit jobs and careers inside football after retirement so they have to earn now to lay aside for the future but that sort of money is daft. No it is obscene.

Joanna said...

Not only that, Rio spent most of this season sitting on his butt while he was suspended and was happily paid for the privilege... Maybe Man U should ask for their money back and then sell him...