Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Whats an intel chip doing in a Mac?

A whole lot more then it's ever done in a PC.

Apple marketing is brilliant.

As a few of you know I just got the iSight iMac G5 in October after sending the non iSight model back because they released the iSight model within 14 days of me getting it. Am I now bitter that they have released the new Intel models with claims of a speed boost of X2 on the iMac and X4 on the Powerbook, NAH. To be honest while I can not wait to get down the Apple shop (When is the bloody one in Brent Cross going to open?) and play with it to see the speed improvements, I learnt a long time ago though DO NOT TOUCH REV A products. I personally would wait for thr rev B models but if you can not hold off buying then read the support forum and see what people are saying. If you can wait then get the iBook or Mac mini for a taste of mac but I'm happy and sticking with my "Power Mac G5" They are still selling this model by the way and the Intel one is about £30 dearer.

I will be weighing up getting the new iLife package over the weekend, only £55, though because iWeb looks good for blogging. It looks as though iLife has been aimed a bit at blogging. Who knows what will happen if I get it but I feel a Video blog or podcast coming online soon.

The Macs are here to drawl over

I'm off up there North again to Hull and Manchester for a couple of days so going to spend my first night away from Max. Going to miss him but be glad of the sleep :-0

Here is a picture of Max, he is smilling all the time now and I'm going to miss his smile, these where taken at 22.40 yesterday just before his feed.

He is 6 weeks old today.

max smile.jpg

PS Anyone see whats NEW, will sort out a logo one day

No comments: