Wednesday, January 18, 2006

iLife '06 - Will be getting soon

I have been reading on the Apple sites about iLife06 and whilst I was very excited to start with about the new application iWeb now I am starting to think it is not as good as I first thought.

For starters you can not have comments on your blog page, not that I get that many but you have to be able to have them. I looked at Haloscan.com and thought great I can use that BUT it turns out you can not put your own HTML into the iWeb created pages SO that also screws up all my links and sitestats. You have to have a .Mac account to use the built in web counter function.

I have seen some of the web pages that have been created and they do look really good and all the users are saying that it is really easy and quick to use but does have a bit too many limitations.

I will get it though just for the boosted speed of iPhoto and also Garageband is updated and 1 thing I want to at least try this year is get more time on the guitar and try to record something.

I will also have a crack at some point at a video podcast and will also create an iWeb site that people can look at. Be good for movies and photos anyway. While I think of it the other thing will be that I can not blog from anywhere as I would have to use my computer and not just any internet connection.

Food question, What can I do with Capers. Seen a couple of receipes but lets have your suggestions as well. Need to cook for Nascot Dan at some point. Check out his site as he has some good news. He promised me that he will start to keep up to date with his blog.

5 comments:

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Can do links. Have to just drag them from address bar to template page.

Now just to try and see if I can insert code though.

Laura Howard said...

Here's info on capers. Burp.

Jane said...

capers are lovely on pizza and I like them with egg and cheese

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Maldives Simmo. It's great over here, sunny every day with nothing to do but read,swim, sleep and eat. There's loads of reef sharks that swim up to the shallows on the beach, it's ace! My ipod packed up yesterday though so not too pleased about that, (think it got a bit too hot in the 30 degree heat!) Michelle's is still working though, but have to listen to Robbie Williams and ELO!

What's going down at work then? I heard that Gary "Chelsea" Arthurs is leaving to become a pizza delivery boy?

p.s. Don't overdo it with the capers as they are quite strong and will overpower other flavours

p.p.s. Charlotte Howard has taken to computers well! She only looks about 2 days old.

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Thanks everyone.

Matt - Sounds great apart from the iPod, guess you have rebooted it :-) might need a power one though. Hope it is nothing to do with their electricity.

Can not believe you have heard that on the other side of the world but yes he is off.

I have booked to go to Pauls stag doo.

Did your tour round Berko yesterday for houses but never saw anything.

See you next week mate and say Hi to Michelle.