Sunday, August 06, 2006

Eagles are flying and the bugs are a buzzing

Good weekend all round, 3 points for Crystal Palace V Ipswich and we had a street BBQ.

I never went to the footy buy my Dad said that we played well. First time I have missed the first game of the season for 14 years :-0 (not including 1 when I was traveling)

BBQ - What a great idea, after only 2 weeks of living in Berkhamsted we got an invite through to join the other 8 households in a street BBQ, We live in a kind of close off the main road (will post pics soon). All came bar 2 houses that couldnt make it and we have now settled in and feel like we have known everyone for ages now.

We all took our BBQ's out and got some tables and chairs and you cooked your food and drank lots. I got the daddy of BBQ's out again (Photo from last year on Flickr, never thought of taking some of the BBQ :-0) and had a few jibes about it being gas but then I was able to drink lots while they all waited and waited for the coals to get to a good temp :-)

Stumbled in the house at about 3am after becoming best mates with everyone, Have not felt too good all day and will be off to bed soon !!!

May of found a couple of babysitters !

The flys are doing my head in at the moment, there is loads of them and we have discovered that our main bin is only collected every 2 weeks because they take an organic wheelie bin the other week. How much organic waste can you produce. I wish they collected my main rubbish every week during the summer in this heat. Have bought some fly spray to "attack" the bins with and industrial strength freshener to spay in there.

No comments: