Sunday, May 14, 2006

Food

Today I thought I would post on the subject of food and give you a great breakfast idea.

We have started every now and then buying Sarah Lee Croissants, What you get is a tin with fresh dough inside for 6 croissants. Half the fun is preparing them and you have to rip the labels off and tear the can so you can pop it open allowing for the dough to ouse out. You then separate the pieces and bake. Yummy. You will find them in the fresh fridge section of your local supermarket.

Made homemade burgers yesterday that were very good. Heres the receipe to make 6 big burgers:
800 grams of scottish beef minced
2 chilli's chopped up
3 garlic gloves chopped up
bit of ginger grated in
teaspoon of garam masala
1 egg (I used double yolk)
salt and pepper
1 onion (minced)
2 "glugs" of olive oil

Just mix it all together and make some patties out of it, I used an egg ring to shape them. Stick it on the BBQ and away you go.

Wouldn't hurt to add some herbs in there but I never had any.

Double yolk eggs I hear you say, well I bought these from Waitrose the other day:

P1010478

Very tasty. My mate says that when he buys free range eggs from a "happy" farm, not a mental place but a real farm, he quite often gets double yolkers.

No comments: