Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's been a while, MERRY XMAS

Merry Xmas to everyone and a big ALL THE BEST to all those that know us in real life and those regular bloggers that also look here.

Been really busy as you can guess but I have been a bit slack getting the blog updated. Well my new year resolution will be to make sure I keep this updated at least every couple of days. Easier then giving up the beer !!!

So who has asked for Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker? I have not but I do love my cooking so I have to be careful because I am going to hate myself for blogging about it and then getting one ! BUT I'm going to stick my neck out and think that most people will think the same as me and say "What the hell is that about?"

From the description:
Features

* It crushes, grinds, blends, mixes and more!
* The Flavour Shaker is a fun, quirky and highly original food preparation item
* Invented and endorsed by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver
* More versatile alternative to the Pestle and Mortar
* Creates lovely flavours in seconds
* Lightweight and easy to use
* Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
* Made from high grade thick core polycarbonate for strength
* Comfortable non-slip grip for safety
* Includes a ceramic ball for crushing ingredients

I use a pestle and mortar and it was quite an expensive one ( I hope, thanks Mum in -law !) because it's not a wooden one but a kind of stone one. It's great and I have to give it some force to get everything into a powder. Now I can not see that a little ceramic ball in a plastic container can "crush and grind" the way my pestle does but I would be interested to hear from anyone that gets one.

Personally there is no way I would spend £20 on it but I guess lots of people have because it is sales rank number 2 on Amazon.co.uk I will wait for the reviews to be added to the site so I can see.

Quick Question: How do I see what the top sales are on Amazon.co.uk, could not see a link

Quick Tip: Lightly fry your spices before crushing.

This is Max playing with his new play mat that his Uncle Matt got him yesterday. I'm not sure what he is trying to tell me but look at his fingers in the mirror !!!!
max finger.jpg

Have a good one and I will blog tomorrow. Happy Xmas all.

James, Faye and Max
x

1 comment:

Jane said...

Have a lovely Christmas James, Faye and Max.

I can't see the point of the Flavour Shaker either, I think it will end up getting scratched and will pick up the smell of the most potent herb or spice.

I've got a marble pestle and morter from Ikea it's the best.