Wednesday, December 14, 2005

2 weeks old today

Max is now 2 weeks old and we are coping quite well. Seems like he has been around longer then that and he is getting bigger and bigger.

Personally Im still struggling with the fact that my sleep is in stages. It's strange because I probably have only had about 6 - 7 hours sleep a night for quite a while but now it is broken with feeds it is harder. I used to go to bed about midnight and then be up around 6am, now I'm trying to sleep earlier. say 10pm and then use those 2 hours for feeding, changing etc.

I'm still off work so it's not too bad but I have to try and get this sleeping thing sorted by Monday. Work are really good, I get 2 weeks off paternity but I also do compressed time so I get a day off because of that and I need to take 2 days holiday and I will of had almost 3 weeks off in the end :-0

We managed to get out and go to Brent Cross (shopping centre) yesterday. We were very chuffed with ourselves and even managed to to do a nappy change in the little changing rooms that they have.

Apart from that we have not really managed to get out. I did manage a trip down Selhurst to see the Palace (Fayes mum was round so I never left her) Its a lot harder then we thought it was going to be and even a small trip down the local shop is a task and a half BUT it is getting a lot easier for us now.

This is a photo of Max in his probably the best baby in the world t-shirt. One of my fav bits of clothes on him and a present from Fayes work colleagues.

PS Thanks for the gmail account Jane and also Laura, gutted I can not have Palace Fan but oh well. Looks really good but I still need to play around with it.

prob max.jpg

1 comment:

Laura Howard said...

I promise life will get easier as time goes by.

When I was about 3 weeks old I began sleeping 7.5 hours straight at night. Now at nearly 15 weeks, I go to bed at 10:30 pm and wake up just slightly before 8:00 am! Mom is well happy about that.

Max may wake you up, but he'll settle very soon. Enjoy this special time with your kid!