Monday, November 28, 2005

The world through my eyes

I am one of the many males in the world that has a colour (color for our friends over the pond) deficiency. Deficiency sounds better then my normal term of Colour Blindness. I'm not blind to colour, it just kind of merges into one when I see red, green or browns together.

What I hate though is when I say I am colour blind the first thing I get asked is "What colour is this?" and they point out allsorts of things normally the sky and grass !! What people forget is that I was born like this so have been told that the colour up there is blue and the stuff that a cow eats is green.

I hope that chosen one is not colour blind, I found out by chance when I drew a picture of my favorite food. A hot steaming bowl of tomato soup aged about 7 and threw my toys out of the pram when the teacher said it must be oxtail soup because it was brown and not red like a tomato. I got a note to take home and a trip to the optician followed the next day. At least they never thought I was stupid or lazy !!

A search of the web has lead me to this website where you can actually see the world how I see it. Click Here

Makes me glad I can see blue and Yellows.

The Ishihara plate one is good though, I can not see anything on ether but the hat one I can make out all the colours of the hats. Strange hey.

Baby News:
Due tomorrow but no sign of the chosen one yet. You will all be 2nd to know.

4 comments:

surly girl said...

first babies are never on time. small person was four days late - the four longest days of my life!! and for ages when anyone asked when she was born i gave her due date not her birth date - you just get so used to saying it.

ggod luck to mrs palace fan!

surly girl said...

or even "good" luck.

stupid keyboard.

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my place. Good luck with the baby - it must be the season as 2 of my mates had their first borns last week. Just tell me that he won't be christened "Mourinho" or "Roman"!

Wyndham said...

Little Dexter was born a good two weeks later, although we suspect it had more to do with someone being unable to count at the hospital. Get your beauty sleep in, your next 18 years may be busy.