Sunday, March 18, 2007

Old man

I mentioned before about turning into my dad, well this weekend I was driving my dad style A4 auto estate when it hit me again......I was driving to pick up a 2nd hand roof box ... At least I never had driving gloves on. I did mention to Faye that I quite fancy changing my car to a manual because it doesnt feel "right" and started to look into a S4 Avant but they are about 2K more then mine and about the same age so I do not think that I can afford it (see below !!).

I also moaned about todays music, the "drippy" nature of the youth and found grey hair in my sideburns although I like to think of it as Silver because that is cooler. The Neil Young song Old Man is really starting to be my song.

Need a new freezer now !! our fridge / freezer has now gone bang, well not bang more of a really annoying loud buzzing noise that vibrates through the walls to directly where we sleep. It only seems to affect me though as Faye just sleeps through it. It has been in the garage since we moved and to be honest I think that has killed it. Now we need to see if we want a chest or tall freezer. Quite like the idea of a tall one. Just glad I have got a bonus coming this week ! not that there is anything left of it. Need to sort the fencing out (think I will have to get a man to sort that) , lay some slabs to create an additional parking space and also need to look into a new kitchen.

To be honest I think the fence will be my bonus. Any one know a rough price for about 20 meters of fence 6 foot high to be supplied and installed?

Look out for the blog when I approach the neighbour about a 6 foot fence because he currently has a 3 foot one up thinks that he owns that part of the fencing and it will also, unfortunately, lose him some light. We have a raised garden so the actual garden is about 2 foot higher then the bottom of the house and we can both see right in to each others house :-0 Should be fun.

Also what is the best slabs to use to park a car on and how deep should I lay hardcore?

No comments: