Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fight Fight Fight


Saw an unbelievable article on the bbc site, now when we have had a few beers us Dads often have bit of a laugh about getting the babies wrestling but would we actually do it NO WAY.

Down in Devon though 1 family has actually started a Fight Club for their family toddlers.

The seven-minute footage, filmed at a house by one woman, was shown in a case at Plymouth Magistrates' Court.

In the clip, a boy wearing a nappy was called a "wimp" for not hitting a girl back after she struck him in the face.

Mad world we live in hey, Who wants to bet they are wearing Burberry.

News article is here

Faye and Max made it home OK last week.

I picked up some glasses today, I have to wear them for computer work. Feels a bit strange wearing them but my eyes do feel better and less tired. Here is a snap of me using the built in iSight on the macbook.



I have bought an external disc and I am making a media center using the macbook pro and it is looking good. I have the MacBook connected to the TV using a DVI to HDMI cable to keep it all digital, For sound I am connecting to my surround sound amp using an optical cable, connecting to the external drive (bought a 400 gig Seagate through Maplins for £86. how cheap and it has 16meg of buffer) using USB2 to connect. On the MacBook I have created alias' under the movies folder and what that does is allows the MacBook to see the external disc under Front Row.
Whats left, well I need a bluetooth mouse so that I can keep the Mac alive when the screen is shut and I need to work out what i am going to do about my photos. I dont want to store them on the macbook and also my iMac so I am probably going to look into using shared and wireless connection to the iMac albums. I have worked out that I can choose the library that iPhoto uses by pressing the Alt key when opening so I could leave the full library on the external disc and a smaller one on the MacBook. I'm also getting some High Definition movies on Monday.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I heard about that toddler fight club thing on the news - appaling how could they have done it? They're monsters.

You might be interested in this a whole new slew of Mac and PC ads. Makes me feel sorry for MS though which is very wrong.

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Hi Jane,

Have you seen the UK ones? they star Mitchell and Webb

http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/
Thanks for the comment