Sunday, September 03, 2006

Back to work

Well tomorrow is my first day back in the office for a couple of weeks, seems strange because I would usually be coming back with a tan or at least some stories on how good or bad some country is BUT this time I go back and have nothing really to chat about.

Managed to get a few things done on the house but nothing that great, cleaned the garage out ready for the builder to smack a great big hole in it, moved a TV point. Also noticed that the TV cables to each room are quite poor quality so need to get CT100 cable and hopefully my picture will improve (at least thats the plan but want to test with a small amount of cable before buying lots). Sorted out a big hole in the floor where a load of woodlice were coming in to shelter, did our bedroom (well Faye did most of it) and ordered new furniture that comes end of the week and did a few other bits and bobs. Was hard really doing anything other then play with Max BUT hey thats what dads are meant to do.

Will have to take another week off now though to actually decorate the downstairs but going to wait until the door to the garage and new fireplace have been done.

My wireless has gone bang, Had an Apple Airport Express but it is dead now and after reading around on the web it seems as though it is very common for them to die. I am not sure that I will bother with another apple one. I loved the fact that I could stream my music downstairs to the amp from my iMac but I never really used it that much so need to work out the money and see if I am just better off buying a cheaper one for the laptop.

Oh and this cat that kept creeping and craping around our house is back. We thought we had finally solved the problem with Coffee granules but then we remembered that the owners had gone on holiday so the cat was probably in a cattery. Turns out it was so will see if the coffee granules work. We used some "proper" stuff and apart from costing lots never worked that well. My mum said about orange peel today so will give that a go as well. Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Jane said...

If you actually see the cat from time to time, have high powered long reach water pistols on the ready, cats really don't like that.

Or get a cat yourself that will soon stop it! :D