Monday, September 11, 2006

Always double check !

Today we received our new bedroom furniture consisting of a solid oak double bed and bedside cabinet for each side.

I took down the horrible metal framed bed that we have had for the last 4 years and chucked it in the garage ready to offer on a email list I have joined (freecyclers on yahoo groups) keeping the mattress though to use for the new bed frame because we have not had time to sort out, when I say sort out I mean bounce and lie on, a nice new mattress.

Putting it up was easy because the cabinets are assembled apart from putting the handles on correctly and the bed was easy enough but it was hot.

So after sweating buckets due to the heat we grab the mattress and chuck it on.... Oh dear, it does not fit after a few huffs, puffs, lots of tape measuring and a lot of nervous laughter we confirm to each other that somehow we have managed to think that we have had a double when we actually have a kingsize, or I should say HAD a kingsize. So as I type this I sit in our bedroom, that looks a lot bigger now with the futon mattress on our new double until we sort out a new mattress. A school boy error if we have ever made one, can not believe that we never measured or double checked (do you notice that I am using the royal WE) the bed sizes. We thought about getting a kingsize but thought it was not worth it because our "double" was big enough and we didnt want to spend a small fortune on new sheets etc. At least the duvet now covers all the crap from under the bed plus I guess the new mattress will be cheaper. Faye turned round at the end and goes "I wondered why the fitted sheets never fitted" MMMMmmmmmm, Why didnt we double check?

1 comment:

Jane said...

LOL

Ack well at least it's not a real disaster I've deliberately got a kingsized duvet on a double bed it's far more toasty that way in the deapths of winter.