Saturday, March 25, 2006

Been away

Hello All,

Back from our week away in North Devon, we stayed in a place called Ilfracombe and had a nice chilled out week driving around the place. We also went to a town called Combe Martin and for a little more about the place vist this blog, Combe Martin A good read and some cool photos. It's in my RSS feed update list.

I took the laptop down BUT could not get on any wireless links so no updates. I had a go on iWeb and must say that it was good. Biggest problem though is the size of the photo files. I only did some quick testing and the size of the site was huge. One thing I have noticed to do next time though is export the photos as "web size" 640x480 and then re-import them to iPhoto and stick them in a iWeb folder and when you drag your photos drag the smaller web versions into the iWeb application. I have had a look at it uploaded and it is slow but take a look and check out the blog etc., As mentioned it was very easy to do and next time I will load smaller photo files up to help speed things up. iWeb Site

I now have another week off from work and going to use it to visit my Mum, meet some friends, look for a new house and spend more time with Faye and Max. Think they will be sick of the sight of me by Friday !

While away though some Bastard has reversed into my car and it now has a shape of a tow bar in the bonnet ! I'm quite sure that it is 1 of 3 4x4's that always park near me so i am going to be measuring the height and with a bit of luck get a match. I will also if possible drive right up to the tow bar and check the shape. What got me as well was that the dent has been "cleaned" i.e. someone has actually rubbed the dent to see how deep it is (I have a dirty car !) Will be out tomorrow with tape measure in hand. This is on top of getting smacked up the rear last week by an old fool in a car without ABS and I still need to see a body shop about getting that sorted. It's only a few scratches or at least that is what I hope because years ago a friend of mine thought that and when she had her MOT it turned out the car was a write off because it had put the sub frame out of shape.

Take care,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a new car, dude..

Matt

p.s. Hicketts is leaving