Friday, November 28, 2008

Stone Gods and Airbourne



Last night I went to the Astoria with a quite a few mates and saw Airbourne. It was my first time of seeing them live but after recommendations from said friends that had seen them live I got the album "Runnin' Wild" and was hooked. They are very AC/DC and also happen to be from Oz.

Loud is all I can say ! I don't know if I am getting old or not but it seemed to be one of the loudest concerts I have been to. It was brilliant. Hot, sweaty, got soaked in beer and stayed in the mosh pit all night. Couple of arsholes trying to punch people but all in all it was quite civilised.

The band was ace and before them was a band called Stone Gods and they to had the sound of very heavy rock and got the crowd going. Surprise of the night for me was after the concert, ears ringing, knee killing me (too much bouncing etc.) my mate said that they have been born out of the Darkness.

I'm off to rest that knee....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stone Gods are made up of Dan Hawkins and Richie Edwards of The Darkness, Toby Macfarlaine (ex Graham Coxon) and Robin Goodridge (ex Bush) and they do indeed ... rock like hell!

http://www.myspace.com/thestonegods

Check em out!!

Matt said...

Cracking photo of Airbourne, the singer looks like James Hetfield of Metallica circa. 1989. Rock and Roll Baby!