Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back to the guitar

SGMy Gibson SG
Recently I have been getting nearly all my blogging fixes from the Croydon Chronicles written by the very funny Istvanski , whilst on his site I got listening to a youtube video of a couple of quite talented girls (although I did think the older one was a boy for a while) playing guitar and singing. I then surfed round youtube at guitar videos and it got me thinking wouldn't it be good to play guitar and then I thought.... You know what I am meant to be able to play a couple of chords and spent a shed load of money a few years ago on a SG so I dusted it off, still needs a good clean !, tuned it up by plugging it into a tuner as I'm tone deaf and banged out a couple of chords and I mean only a few. Think it was Em, D, C, C that I used in my little "play". Still not plugged in the amp though ! I might run it through my laptop later as the amp is in the bedroom and there is a baby Skye in there so cant get it.

I also went out and bought Total Guitar in my new found eagerness to learn the guitar and will have a read through that and see if there is anything easy I can try. They do have Feeders Forget about tomorrow tabbed and Feeder are a real favorite of mine so I might have a look at that.

2 comments:

Istvanski said...

A very tasty guitar, James - as I've said before. It's quite plausible for you to play through headphones thus avoiding a screaming Skye waking up to a wailing SG. You'll soon be playing those complex Slayer riffs in no time at all.
I'll be doing another guitar post sometime in the not too distant future. In the meantime, have you met Dive?
Cheers Matey, here's to The Eagles having another win at Brizzle on Monday night.

Matt said...

Good for you Simmo, I'm glad you have got back into it. Anyone reading this I can assure you that James' SG is an absolute beauty as I borrowed it (and his amp for that matter!) while him and Faye went travelling. It even prompted me to buy a Gibson myself.