Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bubble Boy



Today, thanks to a work health plan, I went to the Bupa hospital over in Harpenden for some test because I have not been able to breath through my nose and snore quite a bit. I also wake up with bruised ribs but then that is where Faye jabs me during the night to turn on to my side.

I had a thing shoved up my nose and ended up taking an allergy test, As it turns out I'm allergic to my house i.e. Dust and Dogs :-) ! The Dr though wants me to get floorboards rather then carpets etc. etc. well it wont happen because personally I'm not a fan of wood floors. We will get the carpet cleaners in and will also start to look another hoover. Ours is only a couple years old but it's suction is not as good as it was. I have tried cleaning it out etc. but it's just not that good. Was a £200 hoover like a Dyson but maybe not as good as it turns out.

I have been given a spray and some allergy tabs and go back in a month. If it solves the swelling in the nose and my sinus and breathing is better then I will probably be on the spray and tabs for ever and if not then I need to look at surgery to "bore" the nose passage a bit bigger.

I called Faye and she seemed almost disappointed that they never found any lumps or bits obstructing the nose and it was only swollen ! Think Faye wanted a quick answer by surgery to my snoring !

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You need to get one of the Dyson`s with a hepa filter.

Places like Comet sell em ;-)