Friday, December 15, 2006

Wii

I have been lucky enough to have played on one of the new Nintendo Wii consoles, acually played it before it hit the shops last week.

Nice bit of kit:



I work for a large electrical company and we have one in our head office foyer to play with. It's in a sealed display with it's own TV so I have not had a chance to play it on a large screen BUT been very impressed with it. It's loaded with the sports pack and does actually make you sweat ! You run, swing, jump and allsorts. Its a really fun console although when I start thinking about it in the confines of our lounge I think it will be lethal.

I have been reading this website http://wiihaveaproblem.com and some the injuries to people let alone the TV's are quite a worry. Most seem to be from bowling so it makes me wonder that because the americans are so used to playing bowling they are releasing the controller out of their hands. I have not played that game yet.

IF I could get my hands on one it would be a hard choice of getting one or not (Not for me of course but for Max :-0) because I think I would wait for it to be established and for these little problems like the strap to be sorted. I would also be tempted to get an older TV, rather then our nice new LCD, to play it on!!

Check out this website http://wiihaveaproblem.com for the pictures and stories behind the picture.

All the best,

No comments: