Monday, October 09, 2006

Are you Dave Gorman?

I found this blog post that I never posted and was sat in draft, I did email Dave Gorman if he minded me me using his photo / link to his page but he never got back........... originally created in Oct 06

Earlier on I was looking at my flickr page and thought I would look at Flickrblog and save the site etc. etc. anyway I scroll down and see the following post:

I recently visited the car wash tag and discovered that there is a car wash joint in Seattle Washington whose neon sign is so photogenic that a cluster has developed around it: see tags/carwash/clusters/elephant-seattle-neon/. Link here


Now show me a man that does not want to see a neon car wash sign with elephant in it ! So I clicked and looked... scrolled down and saw a photo that caught my eye on the first page.
Here it is...
URL Here



More interesting though was once I clicked on it I noticed the name of the photographer was Dave Gorman, thats funny I thought I wonder if Dave Gorman the TV guy knows there is a Dave Gorman on Flickr. Actually he looks a bit like him, well stone me it is him !

We saw Dave while we was in Melbourne during our year out in 2004 at the Comedy festival doing his googlewhack tour and a very funny guy he is too. I have also read his book Are you Dave Gorman? that he wrote with a guy called Danny Wallace and I have recently finished reading Danny's book Yes Man.

Well it freaked me out a bit anyway :-)

Anyway Dave Gorman's shots are very good and can be viewed HERE

Anyone else "know" any celebs on Flickr?

1 comment:

James said...

Not very high celeb status for some of these, but have a look at this.

Cheers,

James.