Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Daddy's Day

Hi yer, Sorry for the slight holiday from the blogging world but it's getting busier !

So as mentioned we never won the lottery we also never won when I put all the money on lucky dips for the Lotto draw. The only result is that I no longer have to keep the syndicate running. All the money has gone and I only ended up a couple of quid out of pocket. This is one reason why I wont do it. I always end up making up the money to get another lucky dip line and I'm also bound to put some money in for someone that can not get the money to me ontime or something. I was a lot tougher this time though because last time I was about £7 down. Oh well.

The title, right oh yeah, well today I had to take a day off work to look after Max because Faye went to visit some relatives and didnt want to take Max. So today was the very first time that I have looked after him during the day for any reasonable amount of time. I have looked after him for a night but that does not really count as he is sleeping for most of it.

My day started at 3am for the feed, Faye usually does all the night feeds if I have work the next day, It could of been Max's quickest feed yet but it felt like a long time to me. I went to the football and never got in until just before midnight and I dont know if you are like me BUT I need to relax if I have been out all night in the fresh air so I never went to bed until about 1am. So I'm up at 3am and get him fed in under half hour. He had all his feed (180ml) and was burped before going back to sleep. I have to say that last night was a great night for Max, he went from from 7pm - 3am and then I woke him at 7am !! Faye changed him while I stumbled off rubbing my eyes to get the next bottle of milk. He was fed and washed by 8 and that gave us a bit of play time so did that before putting him down for sleep and waving Mummy out of the door. The next few hours are a blur of preparing milk bottles, washing up, sterilising bottles and getting ready for a walk that Faye had arranged for me with her anti natal friend. To be honest I thought I was meeting all the girls and doing some big buggy walk with loads of mums so the thought of just Lauren was good and never filled me with fear and a strange sense of weirdness being with lots of new mums ! We did a huge walk all round Hampstead Garden Suburb and I saw loads of houses that just make you jealous. Saw Jonathon Ross's house, Richard and Judy were also on our walk route and there a few other famous people that live here. I puffed my way round talking about cars so thats not too bad. She is after a car and it had to be my nightmare car the 4x4 but oh well at least we talked about cars. Managed to get back at 2pm for Max's next feed and then it was play until 4pm at that point Faye came home and looked after us both ! I have managed to video lots of today and hopefully will be able to post a video of some of our day. It was great and I loved every minute of it. Can not wait until next time.

Max is 11 weeks old today.

Saw a thing about google doing stats for blogs so take a click over to this site http://www.measuremap.com/ I signed up today for it so we will see.

Footy News: I dont know what me and my Dad have done in a past life but we never deserved to have to watch Sheff Wed V Palace on Saturday just gone. It was terrible both teams were crap and the ref was the worst ref I have ever seen. My brother must of been a saint in a past life because he had the good sense not to go. (My Sister lives near there so at least we never had to come all the way home as well)

Jane over at slothblog must be glad she never went as well because she is a Wednesday fan (I think)

QPR last night was better and we won 2-1 but I'm really unsure of our manager Dowie at the moment, he just seems to make some very strange tatical choices.

Here is Max and the S is for Simmo

P1010005_1.jpg

1 comment:

Jane said...

Yup I am a Wednesdayite for my sins Nah I was having far more fun going on holiday to Amsterdam.

You must feel that you deserve your title of New Dad today!